You may download my resume in one of the following formats.
- A seasoned programmer with an eye for design and a proven track record solving difficult real-world problems.
- An excellent communicator that can articulate complex technical ideas to others in ordinary language.
- An artist that sweats the details without losing sight of the bigger picture.
- A personable, friendly person that enjoys learning from others.
EDUCATION (CERTIFICATIONS & DEGREES)
Associate Degree Applied Science in Computer Information Systems – Ivy Technical State College, Indianapolis, August 2000
Bachelor Degree General Studies – Indiana University, Indianapolis, May 1997
Associate Degree General Studies – Indiana University, Indianapolis, May 1995
Object-Oriented Programming with PHP (lynda.com) – June 2014
Node.js Essential Training (lynda.com) – June 2014
Up and Running with Backbone.js (2013) (lynda.com) – January 2014
Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training (lynda.com) – February 2013
jQuery Mobile Web Applications (lynda.com) – January 2013
HTML5: Web Forms in Depth (lynda.com) – June 2012
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themes (lynda.com) – June 2012
Publishing Video with the Flash Platform (lynda.com) – October 2011
PHP with MySQL Essential Training (lynda.com) – November 2010
Flash CS4 Professional Getting Started (lynda.com) – July 2009
Illustrator CS4 Getting Started (lynda.com) – July 2009
Brainbench Certification, Master ColdFusion – April 2008
Executrain Certification, Advanced Crystal 8.0 – November 2001
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) – December 2000
Microsoft Certified Professional + Internet (MCP+I) – December 2000
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) – January 2000
Brainbench Certification, Master Written English – March 2000
Node.js, PHP, Ruby on Rails, ColdFusion, HTML5, jQuery, jQuery UI, jQuery Mobile, socket.io, backbone.js, JSON, XML, AJAX, WordPress, Magento, Git, Subversion
MongoDB, MySQL/phpMyAdmin/MySQL Workbench, T-SQL/MS-SQL 2005-8 Server/Management Studio, PL/SQL/Oracle SQL Developer
SENIOR WEB DEVELOPER – SRI Incorporated December 2013 – Present
Build an online auction system (www.zeusauction.com) to supplant an older system using the latest technologies.
- jQuery, backbone.js, socket.io, JSON, AJAX, CSS, Git
WEB DEVELOPER – Straightline HDD July 2013 – December 2013
Helped build, enhance, and maintain the the following sites:
- Ruby on Rails, PHP
- jQuery, AJAX, XML, CSS, Magento, Git
WEB DEVELOPER – Notre Dame University (through TEKsystems) June 2008 – July 2008, December 2008, May 2009, November 2009 – March 2013
- Designed and built an application for the management of community engagement opportunities. Prototyped a complex UI.
- Enhancements and bug fixes to an application for the Tax Assistance Program (TAP).
- Created website for the First Year of Studies program.
- Helped redesign an application for the Institute for Scholarship in Liberal Arts.
- Helped create and design a Registrar application (eTusc) to facilitate the input of semester classes.
- Website maintenance and database administration of a student admissions site.
- Enhancements of extranet for Alliance of Catholic Education (ACE).
- jQuery, jQuery UI, JSON, AJAX
- Oracle, Oracle SQL Developer
- MS-SQL Server
WEB DEVELOPER – Mey Design January 2012 – August 2012
- Helped build and design a property tax application for SRI (www.sri-taxpayerconnection.com).
- Automation enhancments and form debugging for a sales data search application for AS2 (www.salesdisclosuresonline.com).
- Implementation of a site redesign and product search enhancements for Chrome Battery (www.chromebattery.com).
- PHP, Coldfusion
- jQuery, jQuery UI, JSON, AJAX, XML, CSS, Magento
- MySQL, MS-SQL Server
WEB DEVELOPER – WiredGround October 2008 – December 2009
Helped build, create backend functionality, and debug the following sites:
- Prototype, JSON, AJAX, XML, CSS
- MS-SQL Server
APPLICATION DEVELOPER (Contract) – Health Systems International, LLC July 2008 – February 2009
Enhancements and bug fixes to the corporate website, extranets, and intranets.
- Coldfusion Report Writer, Crystal Reports
- SQL, Stored Procedures, Oracle, MS-SQL Server 2005-8 Server/Management Studio
IT MANAGER – Health Systems International, LLC November 2001 – November 2007
As the IT Manager for a fast growing medium-sized business, I was responsible for the continuing growth of its technology. I was accountable to executive level individuals who came to me with various projects to improve existing applications and create new functionality. My work required constant communication and collaboration with executives, other departmental managers, vendors, and consultants to ensure that the company’s technology needs were met in a timely and successful manner.
- A corporate extranet site and a custom appointment application based on a client request using Adobe ColdFusion and MS-SQL Server 2005.
- An imaging upload system to automate the import of claim data into an Oracle claims system using Adobe ColdFusion and MS-SQL Server.
- An intranet site housing custom applications, including a medical provider directory, a funds request reporting process, and a claim routing process using Adobe ColdFusion and MS-SQL Server.
- An extranet between two company sites for catastrophic claim management, contract uploading and viewing, and contract record creation.
DESKTOP TECHNICIAN – Adesa Corporation April 2001 – November 2001
As a Desktop Technician for a large corporation, I was responsible for fielding support issues from remote locations. My success was a result of thorough troubleshooting, friendly and cooperative interaction with customers, and following through on all requests toward satisfactory resolutions.
- 2nd tier MS Windows NT Workstation and MS Windows NT Server support for a large WAN (United States and Canada).
- MS Exchange 5.5 and MS Windows NT domain administration, including creating users and mailboxes, managing permissions, distribution lists, and public folders.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software problems, both server-side and client-side.
- Troubleshooting and resolving network problems, including TCP/IP, RAS, DNS, WINS, and DHCP.
- Administration of Citrix servers and client software, including creating users, managing permissions, and troubleshooting connectivity problems.
- Configuration of new Dell workstations.
PC TECHNICIAN – Intercontinental Corporation March 2000 – March 2001
As a PC Technician for a small company, I was responsible for supporting end users and ensuring that their software and hardware issues were resolved expediently and thoroughly. Additionally, I was responsible for instructing end users in the use of productivity software and ensuring that all their questions were answered. Interaction with end users in a friendly and cooperative manner was a significant key to my success.
- Created manual summarizing installation and configuration of client workstations.
- Installed and configured MS Outlook Web Access for Exchange 5.5.
- Planned and employed disaster recovery options for MS Windows NT 4.0 & MS Exchange 5.5.
- Designed and coded a searchable database application in MS Visual Basic 6.0 & MS Access 97 for clients without Internet access.
- Configured website reports using MS IIS 4.0 and MS Site Server 3.0.
FELINE FRIEND – Indianapolis Animal Care and Control April 2014 – Present
Interact with adoptable cats and ensure they are happy and healthy.
CAT CAGE CLEANER – Indianapolis Animal Care and Control March 2010 – July 2011
Cleaned cat cages at PetSmart twice a week.
References and Salary History Upon Request